Tuesday, July 15, 2014

The Beginning of Mediocrity!

First post! Kinda hype... I hope you like separated paragraph-like things! (I like the ease of readability it brings to each thought.)

All right, how can we make this good?

Well, first off, I suppose I'll just start by making a generic post about myself. Stuff my friends may or may not already know, but the internet likely doesn't. Also a picture of me looking hella hype! (I'm not from Cali, I just like the word.) Yeah, colored text that isn't a link!

The hype is real!
Name's Daria, like the 90's MTV cartoon of the same name. My old name was Scott, though I usually went by Scotticus. I liked the Greco-Roman sound of it. If it's not entirely obvious by the title of the blog, I'm an MTF transgender person. It's something I've known for a very long time, though I've only been actively pursuing my transition goals since October of 2013.


 Also, the reason I went for 'btgamerchick' is for 'bisexual transgender'. My sexuality isn't terribly relevant, as I'm married to a cisgender woman, and have been for 4 years, but I can dig a dude too. Yay! Love in all forms!

We're gonna pause here, because I'm going to get a drink. I'm thirsty...

...10 minutes later, and we're back! For now, it should by known that any real cohesiveness to the blog isn't gonna be here.

I'm pretty far from the stereotype of 'girly', so it makes it hard to 'justify' or 'pass' as a chick, but my goal is to be who I am and no one else. I hold the stance that gender is a single person's identity, and is not tied to interests or actions. Society has placed stereotypes to gender, and I aim to buck that tradition. That said, I still find a fondness in fashion, though I don't dress it, as well as a few other conventionally girly traits.


Game: 'Dark Age'
Saint Mary of the Forsaken
My interests lie mostly in games of almost all varieties. Miniature, video, board, and card games are all my forte. If I had to categorize them further, it would be skirmish, fighting, co-op, and TCGs, respectively. I also enjoy junk food, martial arts, body-building (to a degree), comedy, organization, reading (rulebooks), cooking, home improvement, animals, guitar, music, internet culture, and stuff that I can't think of right now. I'm pretty sure that's most of it. (I don't actually do any martial arts, but I believe in their philosophies, and I just find body-building interesting. I don't actually lift, bro. Oh, and I kinda suck at guitar. Need to practice more.)

 I don't want to make each of these posts too wordy, so I'll continue a little bit later. I hope this has given a fairly generic glimpse into who I am.

I'm always free to answer questions regarding anything, though I can't guarantee my knowledge on every subject. I'm more of a Jane-of-all-trades, but feel free to ask anyway. Maybe you'll learn something! Maybe I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment