Wednesday, July 20, 2016



Well holy crap, it's been a looooong time! But, rest assured that we're still here, alive and mostly well! I've been battling the challenges of higher education and had a serious boom in social activity as a result. What does this all mean? Less time for the blog, unfortunately.

I'm sure there's a lot of unresolved things in here, and they may well go on as such. For instance, those potato chip flavors have long since been voted on (I think Bacon Mac n' Cheese won), I don't really Warmahordes anymore (not that I ever really did), and... I think that was about it. That's not really a lot.

So, what's new?

Well, my desk is a veritable PILE of minis right now, and more than a few of them are painted. I've had some commission work, but I have been asked by the client not to release photos immediately. But, at this point, Deadzone 2.0 has been released, the Dreadball 2.0 Kickstarter is in 2 days, and Dark Age has really started to take off! Not to mention that I've attended, and am attending, several Dreadball tournaments since I last posted, and we're getting regular game nights for Dark Age and Wrath of Kings in a few weeks, and a Deadzone circuit is starting up!

Also, I picked up a Battle for Faerun Dice Masters starter. That's definitely more of a side hobby though...

There's a lot going on, and a lot I haven't talked about, but it's probably best to not try to play catch up, and start fresh. It's a new year (and what a year it's been, and not in a good way, yeesh), despite being over halfway through it, and we might as well leave the old ball behind and start rolling a new one.

But, where are the pictures? Well, like I said, I can't really show off any of my commission stuff, but I did finish painting a Dreadball team last night, as well as two others that I'll display in a future update which were painted for previous tournaments. I haven't thought of a team name for them yet, but here they are!

They aren't anything stellar (I spent more time on the other teams), but I've been battling Bell's Palsy for nearly a month now, so I'm just trying to paint something, since one of my eyes is always watery, and therefore blurry. I've found that a black shirt makes a reasonable backdrop, but I really gotta up my photo game in the future. Research!

Also, I'm back to hating photo formatting on this site. There's gotta be a better way than a janky Word format of drag and drop... Like, two medium size images should be able to sit side by side...

Anyway, lemme know what you think! I'll try to be more active going forward, but school is a real time sink! I just hope the time makes me the money. Have a wonderful day, and I'll see you next time!

The Whole Team of "Named Human Dudebros"
Strikers! From Left to right: Miller, Winter, and Tanaka. Numbers 3,2, and 1, respectively.

The Jacks! Iwata, Lee, and Jackson at numbers 4,6, and 5.
 

Lastly, the Guards! Smith and Takeda at numbers 8 and 7!




No comments:

Post a Comment